Professional studies for primary school teachers
What are the aims of this course?
The main aims of this course are to:
- provide an opportunity to discuss the purpose of education
- provide the participants with a better understanding of what makes an outstanding lesson and best to promote learning
- explore how to deliver the curriculum creatively to engage students
- equip teachers with key skills to enable them to develop the thinking skills of students
What will you learn after completing this course?
Once you’ve completed this course, you will learn the following:
- you will know the characteristics of an outstanding lesson and what is required to promote learning
- you will be in a better position to design and deliver the curriculum in an engaging manner
- you will have a better understanding of various techniques used to develop thinking skills
Who can apply?
This course is open to teachers who have been teaching in either state or independent schools
In this course you will be required to do the following:
- reading, video or audio extracts
- additional online reading
- reflection in a personal log
- group activities
- case studies
- role plays
- lesson observations
- analysis of whole school policies
You will cover the following units:
- Education – Purpose & Practice
- What makes an outstanding lesson?
- Delivering a creative curriculum
- Unleashing potential
- Using dialogic principles to develop thinking in the primary classroom
This course will be covered over four days.
will update soon
£50 for the course. This course is heavily subsidised by the Nida Trust
How to apply?
Visit the Nida Trust website: www.nidatrust.org.uk
This course will be delivered by experienced head teachers, Ofsted inspectors and senior leaders working in successful state and independent schools.