Parenting for life Programme
What are the aims of this programme?
The main aims of this programme are to:
- provide parents with skills and network to help them support their children through all challenges and difficult obstacles
- engage parents to play an active role in their child’s education
- provide parents with target based training tailored to their needs
- enable parents to develop skills to help raise achievement
- enable parents to raise aspirations
- motivate parents to take an active role in their child’s development
- create an awareness of challenges children go through in today’s society
What will I learn after completing the programme?
After completing the programme, you will be able to:
- raise awareness ‐ Positive and Negative Parental Behaviour
- build the parent/teenager relationship
- develop communication strategies to deal with underachievement and low aspirations
- negotiation skills to ensure that challenges face by parents with their children is dealt with
- problem solve effectively ‐ alcohol, rudeness, bullying, truancy, drugs, friendships.
Who can apply?
Parents and Guardians
This is a 6 weeks programme delivered in an interactive manner exploring issues related to effective parenting.
Length of this programme will vary depending on the needs of the school or organisation. Typically, each session will last for 2 hours
How to apply?
Visit the Nida Trust website: www.nidatrust.org.uk